Thursday, February 1, 2018

illustrations for "10 Little Geckos" finished!

My first post this year. May your new year filled with peace, growth, and discovery of new things. As for me, last year was yes, many discoveries, learning (yes always) and growth. 

My motto this year is to trust God, trust my journey...
Many things in my life for last few years asked me who I wanted to be, what I really wanted to do, be really honest with myself (and be a little bit bolder😊).  So I decide to give myself permission to take more chances to explore new ways to do my art. I was always attracted to beautiful messy canvas textures, so I made collage painting on canvases and merged them into my digital collage as background... I also played more with photoshop and what fun I had, I was like a child again! I really enjoyed the whole process of making this book. 

I wrote this story "10 Little Gecko" about 10 years ago, and was accepted by my publisher last spring. With my day job as a high school teacher and all other things, the process was slow with a big learning curve, but I am so happy with the results. I finished all illustration finally working from summer. It will come out for 2018 Christmas🎄from Island Heritage Publishing. For more details of my books and illustrations, please check my instagram @yukogreen.art.


cover sketches
10 Little Geckos by Yuko Green
almost there...cover illustration
10 Little Geckos by Yuko Green